Suggestion Forum Guidelines
These guidelines are here to help ensure that your suggestion is something the community would like to see on this forum, they in themselves are not forum guidelines. However, in some cases the guidelines will refer to forum rules and these must be followed.
- Follow the forum guidelines at all times.
- Do not post a suggestion regarding copyrighted material or intellectual property.
- Be respectful of any suggestions you read even if you don’t like them. Give reasons why.
- Listen to the input of your peers and handle it respectfully.
- You must add 2 poll options (Yes, No). Otherwise I would be forced to edit it and render everyone’s votes useless.
- Only post serious suggestions and think about the importance of the suggestion.
- You must check the other threads first before submitting - do not double post.
Things to Remember
- Take some time to think of an idea, don’t just go with the first thing that jumps into your head, develop it!
- Always bring something to the table, avoid simply bringing a question without an answer!
- Make sure your idea is within the limitations of the game!
- What kind of idea do you have? Where does it fit in the game? Time to do some research!
- Remember you’re making a suggestion for the current development of the game, your idea might be better as a mod as the community gets it’s hands on Longvinter!
- Make sure that your suggestions hasn’t already been put on the official Longvinter Roadmap!
- Spare a thought for all of your fellow members who have great ideas, check to see if anyone has the same idea as you in @Bunn’s thread, great minds think alike. Also use the search function.
- Take your time on the presentation, it’s the most important, a good idea presented poorly could well end up being ignored or misunderstood. Use the opportunity to reflect and improve upon your idea.
- Give context and structure to your idea, describe how it contributes to the game especially if your idea is a mechanic.
- Consider using diagrams if you need to put across a difficult and complex subject in a simple manner.
- For UX / UI Game Design Concepts feel free to look at @Bunn’s thread.
- Keep it short and simple for the most part but make sure you get the depth in!
- Adopt a format or template, love it and stroke it, it’s your new best friend. It’ll make things easy for you to plan and easy for your potential mindslave to read!
- Use relative terms when describing something e.g. Low strength High armour, balance isn’t something you can plan for.
- Use examples to help get your point across.
- Listen to feedback and use it to improve your idea or discuss the implications further with the community.
Please follow this template so it’s easy for us to understand your request!
You must add 2 poll options (Yes, No). Otherwise I would be forced to edit it and render everyone’s votes useless.
**Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.**
A clear and concise description of what the problem is. Ex. I'm always frustrated when [...]
**Description of the Feature:**
- This feature, I would like this and that.
- Here are some images of the feature I would like.
In this section, show an edit of how it will look like in the editor.
**Why is this feature good?**
This feature is great because of the following:
- Instant Gratification
**Possible issues with this feature?**
Issues that might arise from this feature:
- Too cute
- Existential Crisis
Add any other context or screenshots about the feature request here.
Thank you very much for your cooperation.