The Server Hosting Providers section tag requires that all hosts meet the following requirements:
- The business must be a legally registered business and that business registration information must be displayed on the business website.
- The business website and control panels must follow security best practices, connections must be secured.
- All software used by the business must be registered to the business where applicable.
- Representatives of the business must not have a history of the Uuvana Studios platforms rule violations.
Decisions on whether or not to approve an application are made at the discretion of the Forum staff. The question we ask when reviewing an application is “do we believe that this host will provide a high quality and secure service to our members?” and if we have doubts about the answer then we will not approve the application.
Applicants should expect a decision within 5 business days, we make no guarantees about response time, and applicants must not submit multiple applications if they have received confirmation of receipt of their application.
A host that is accepted will be asked to agree to the following terms:
- All representatives of the company must list “I am a representative of [company]” in their signature, [company] must be the name of the company as listed on forum.uuvana.com with the name linking to the thread.
- All representatives of the company must abide by all forum rules. All company representatives are the responsibility of the company operator(s).
- All representatives of the company will not at any point engage in any flaming of any other host and will not post anything in any other hosts thread. If they believe another host to be breaking the rules they must report the post and move on.
- A company representative must be available to respond to any contact from forum.uuvana.com forum staff members within 5 business days.
- A company MUST NOT represent itself as approved by forum.uuvana.com, hosts that we have permitted to post on forum.uuvana.com in the hosting section do not have any approval from forum.uuvana.com, only permission to post.
- A company and the representatives of that company must not at any point solicit reviews from their customers (or other associates) for a reward. Encouraging reviews is acceptable, offering a reward (discounts, account credit, free services) is not and any instance will result in dismissal from forum.uuvana.com.
- All companies are expected to understand that forum.uuvana.com can expect appropriate behaviour from all companies and can terminate any companies access to the forum at any time if behaviour from that company or it’s representatives is deemed to be unacceptable.