Hey there! We’ve officially launched on Early Access, yay! It’s been a hectic 24 hours, to say the least!
First of all, we would like to thank those of you who bought the game. You guys have enabled us to continue on working this little game of ours and make it into the game we always wanted to make. We promise to keep you updated on every little thing we do on Discord. You can DM us directly or chat with us and our community members on the various channels we have, like #-suggestions and #-bugs-and-issues.
Here are some of the fixes we made on launch day:
- fixed vendor catalog getting messed up (caused by the vendor price fluctuation)
- added placeholder water for DirectX11 players
- fixed a crafting dupe
- fixed boat travel consistently causing players to lose their camera or fall into the void
- stepping into the void should teleport the player back to Sgt. Lake automatically
- removed the old options menu and replaced it with the advanced options menu
- added a warning modal box before launching the server’s community website URL from a sign object
- fixed not being able to sell items to James recycling on ultra-widescreen monitors
- fixed James’ recycling dupe
- fixed crafting bug where you could not craft wood planks
- lowered actor network relevancy distances to try to alleviate the lag
- mezereon bushes grew cloudberries, not anymore
- fixed multiple spots on the map where the player could get stuck
- increased the hint text size
- fixed light posts flickering on dusk and dawn
- removed a couple of unfinished vendor locations
- fixed spots on the level where players got stuck easily
- fixed Poppy flower grow time
- fixed cooking book recipe requirements
One thing that really rubbed players the wrong way, and rightfully so, is the lag on official servers, and more specifically high population official servers. This is the biggest problem we wanted to solve with Early Access. We’ve started working on it already and what we’ve found is that we have a lot of actors, mostly “A_Item” actors that include flowers and bushes, that do not need to be replicated most of the time. So that’s one thing, and I’m sure we’ll find more actors like that next week!
After we fix the lag on the servers we’ll move on to content updates! Here’s what we have planned:
- PVE servers: Players can only kill each other only at points of interest in the north!
- More interior placeables
- More exterior placeables
- Expanded farming. More plants and every plant has a specific purpose and growing preference
- More variation in character looks
- New points of interest: Docks, North airport
- Compendium Guilds: Locked areas accessible only if you’ve completed the compendium list for that area
All in all, this was a successful launch and we’re trying to make sure the first weekend goes smoothly!
Again, thank you for supporting the development, we’ll keep you updated!
@Teo & @Sven Nilsson