This update is a little late since we were super busy during Friday and the weekend trying to fix problems reported by community members during our last playtest. A big thanks to everyone who participated! A list of the fixed issues is included in this post.
Out of the feedback, we compiled a list of features that we would like to try to include before we launch on Early Access:
- All left-click actions can be done with spacebar
- Access to cliff platforms
- Early- to Mid-game balance, gameplay progression
- Bird spawn rework for more performance and future NPC’s
- More intuitive and informative placeable placing UX/UI
- Shooting logic rework that makes weapon shooting much more responsive feeling for users with a bad connection
- Shareable code lock gates
- A simple hint UI to guide new players
- Linux servers
- New types of equipment: Ammo pouch. Heat packs and weapons crafting
- More consumables such as energy drinks and more cooking options
- More upgrade paths after you have upgraded your tent into a cabin
- New Container models
- PVP Arena
- Allotment Garden Placeable Set
Most of the feedback was well written and constructive, which is really valuable, so thank you a lot for that!
– @Sven Nilsson
Loot Spawn Rework
The loot system needed a rework for a long time and I wanted to do this before we start the next playtest!
Previously the loot table required manually adding all the available items to different chests. But after the item count has risen to nearly 90 unique items. I wanted to automate the loot table to update based on the item data list we have in-game. Each item has a rarity and category tag that now affects directly what loot spawns where.
Loot spawns now spawn divided into 4 categories
- Common Loot (yellow chest)
- Rare Loot (aqua chest)
- Epic Loot (red chest)
- Weapon Loot (green chest)
I spent a good amount of time to make sure I have a solid foundation for flowers which would allow me to quickly add all kinds of flowers in different shapes and colors in the future.
In this field, you can spot the first 3 flowers added to Logvinter Island:
- Yellow: Kingcup
- White: Windflower
- Blue: Hepatica
In the future, flowers will be used in coloring, but also is dishes and beverages!
Added a long overdue ‘Advanced Options’ menu for players who want to fiddle with their settings. It’s still barebones, but we’ll add more options where they are needed as we go forward!
- Cannot pick up around another players house.
- You can now pick up player placed items by right-clicking the item
- More music
- New settings menu with advanced settings.
Special thanks to these users for reporting bugs in discord:
- Búho Galactico
- Fixed a replication issue. Wood that was required to update a tent to house was not shown correctly after server restart.
- Players can no longer enter tents that they down own.
- Removed other blocking items from the map.
- Fixed item and money duplication bugs.
- Tried to apply a fix to not being able to pick up bird items. Not 100% this worked.
- Fixed cooking multiple fishes with random items inside the fireplace made other items disappear when collecting crafting results.
- Changed the Seeds: Wheat to only require 3 Wheat. And Flour to require 4.
- Let the player know that the receipt is for cooking / Crafting if a player is using the wrong item bench
- Removed a tree above the water.
- Fixed a bug where you could only drop ammo if you had a full 100 hundred left.
- Fixed a bug where you could not access the third container, you can now safely put 3 containers on top of each other for extra storage!
- Disabled Hat selling to James General Store.
- Vendors that bought everything also had the option to show what other people had sold to the vendor, this was not clearly indicated so added a second button next to the buy button.
- Added one empty “ ” space to vendor buy text.
- Bullets hurting the shooter with high ping should now ignore the shooter and continue.
- Bugged items should no longer appear in player inventory.
- Bugged items should no longer appear in loot containers.
- Hangar roof in the shout east should now disappear when entering inside.
- Fixed a bug where an item could not be cooked if the cooking time was 0.
- Fixed a bug related to item receipt length and item data struct.
- The fireplace can now be used for cooking.
- Low shadow settings no longer turn the water white.